By booking a cleaning service by phone, email, or via the contact form on the company’s website, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the following terms and conditions.
In these terms of business, the following definitions apply:
“The company” means Cinderella Cleaning London LTD.
“Cleaner” means the person carrying out cleaning services on behalf of the company.
“Customer” means an individual or business to whom the cleaning services are supplied by the company.
“Premises” means the premises of the customer where the service will be provided by the company.
“Service” means the cleaning service carried out on behalf of the company.
“Cleaning visit” means the visit to the customer’s premises by the cleaner in order to carry out the service.
“Cleaning rate” means the rate the company charges for recurring cleaning services and the customer must pay. The cleaning rate is the agreed amount per hour charged for the supply of labour only.
“The Parties” means the company and the customer.
- These terms and conditions represent a contract between Cinderella Cleaning London LTD and the customer.
- The customer agrees that any use of the company’s services, including placing an order for services by telephone, email, or contact form shall constitute the customer’s acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the director of the company, these terms and conditions shall prevail over any other terms of business conditions put forward by the customer.
- No variation or alteration of these terms and conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by the director of the company.
- A minimum booking of 3 hours per cleaning visit applies.
- This agreement shall continue indefinitely from the starting date unless it is terminated by two weeks’ written notice by either of the parties.
- All work carried out by the company at the customer’s request, whether it is a trial or otherwise will be charged accordingly.
- All shown prices on the company’s website are final with no hidden fees, charges, etc.
- Payment can be made via bank transfer, cash, standing order, or direct debit. Please note the company no longer accepts cheque payments.
- Payment is due on completion of the service and no longer than 15 days unless agreed otherwise in writing. If payment is not received on time, the company reserve the right to withhold services and terminates the agreement if payment is unduly delayed.
- The company reserves the right to contact the relevant authorities in order to collect any outstanding balance.
- All hourly rates have a minimum charge of 3 hours per visit even if the job requires fewer hours.
- All cleaning service rates are reviewed each year and adjusted in line with inflation, minimum wage increases, or any reasonable circumstances by giving 30 days written notice.
The company provides staff to carry out the cleaning service who are aged 18 or over, fully trained and experienced. All the staff is friendly, reliable, discreet and honest.
- Employment Referral Fee
The customer is liable for an employee referral fee of £500.00 should they directly engage anyone currently employed or sub-contracted by Cinderella Cleaning London LTD within the one-year period to such employment. The customer agrees to pay this fee whether they notify the company of their actions or Cinderella Cleaning London LTD discovers this employment independently at any time after it occurs. The customer further agrees to reimburse Cinderella Cleaning London LTD for any and all collection or legal fees Cinderella Cleaning London LTD incurs in collecting this fee.
- Equipment and checklist
- The customer provides all the cleaning materials (detergents, solutions, towels, cloths, gloves) and equipment (vacuum cleaner, iron, ironing board, mop, etc.) needed for the purposes of the cleaning service. All the equipment must be safe and in good working order and must not require any special skills to be used for the purpose of cleaning. If the equipment is complicated to operate, the customer must provide clear and detailed instructions to the cleaner.
- The customer agrees to provide an access to hot water and electricity.
- The customer agrees to provide an access to the property where the cleaning service will take place.
- The customer agrees to provide the company with a detailed list of cleaning tasks prior to service commencing.
- The company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs, or compensation (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the customer arising from or in any way connected with a late arrival of the cleaners at the service address. The company endeavours to be right on time on any visit however sometimes due to transport-related and other problems which are beyond the company’s control, cleaners may arrive with a delay or the cleaning visit may be rescheduled.
- The company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs, or compensation (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the customer arising from or in any way connected with:
– cleaning service not complete due to the lack of suitable or enough cleaning materials, lack of hot water or electricity, or equipment not in full working order;
– third party entering or present at the customer’s premises during the cleaning process;
– existing damage to customers’ property in the form of old stains, burns, spillages, etc. which cannot be cleaned or removed completely by the cleaner using the customer’s cleaning equipment and materials and in accordance with the industry standard cleaning methods;
– any damages caused by faulty or not in full working order equipment or materials supplied by the customer;
– any damages worth £100.00 or less.
- The company reserves the right to investigate all the details and circumstances regarding any issues the customer might have in order to prevent insurance fraud.
- The company’s staff is fully insured for public liability. The policy covers any accidental damages caused by a member of the company, if valid and reported upon job completion on the service date.
- The company reserves the right to refuse to share any of the company’s confidential documents.
Cinderella Cleaning London LTD always endeavours to provide the best service for its customers. However, on rare occasions, if customers are not completely satisfied they must make a complaint to the company.
- All complaints must be received in writing by letter, text message, or email.
- All complaints about the performance of the cleaning services must be reported to the company within 24 hours of the occurrence complained about. The company will take reasonable action to investigate and unless it considers that the complaint was not justified take reasonable action.
- The customer agrees to pay the full price of the cleaning service, if:
- the customer cancels or changes the date or time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled service;
- the customer does not provide access to the premises;
- there is a problem with the customer’s keys and the cleaners cannot let themselves in. Keys must open all locks without any special efforts or skills;
- if the cleaner is asked to leave;
- if there is no water or electricity at the property.
- If the customer needs to change either the cleaning day or time the company will try to accommodate it. A minimum of 24 hours notice is required. The company cannot guarantee the same cleaner will be available on the new day and at the time the customer requires. Any changes in the cleaning schedule are subject to availability.
- The company’s staff work on any day of the week including Bank Holidays. If the customer’s cleaning service is due on a Bank Holiday and the service is not cancelled 24 hours prior to the start of the cleaning service, the customer agrees to and understands that the regular amount due for that cleaning service will be charged regardless of whether the cleaner has cleaned the customer’s property or not.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the cleaning service either at the beginning or during the service if:
- cleaner is verbally or physically abused or discriminated in any way.
- the property condition is dangerous to the health and well-being of the cleaner
- the conditions for cleaning the premises are insufficient, for instance, lack of water or electricity, presence of third party (builders, removal men, etc.)
- the customer gives incorrect information about the property.
- A refund will be issued only if the customer has canceled the service within the allowed time, which is 24 hours prior to the cleaning service’s start and payment has already been received by the company.
- A refund will be issued if the cleaner does not attend at the premises and there was no cleaning service, payment for which has been already received by the company.
- Referral Credit
Cinderella Cleaning London LTD customers will receive free service for referring another customer. Credit will be issued after the new customer has been serviced 4 times.
- Termination of Contract
- The customer may terminate the cleaning contract by giving 14 days prior notice. The customer agrees to have at least 1 cleaning service carried out during the 14 days notice period.
- The customer agrees to pay a cancellation fee equivalent to 14 days of service if:
- no notice is given;
- the customer provides a termination notice less than 14 days.
- Supplementary Terms
- The company reserves the right to re-evaluate rates at any time should the customer’s initial list of tasks changes.
- If any estimates of how long it will take the cleaner to complete the job are being provided those are only estimates based on the average time it takes to clean a home or an office of similar size to the customer’s one.
- One-off cleans take a longer time to complete when compared to the regular cleaning of the same property.
- The customer understands that the quoted price is for cleaning labour only.
- The company will arrange a replacement if the regular cleaner cannot attend a scheduled visit, and will inform the customer prior to the visit.
- Cleaners are not allowed to hand wash any items of clothing belonging to the customer.
- All fragile and easily breakable items must be secured or removed.
- The company reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the Terms and Conditions at any time.
In order to protect customers’ privacy any information and details given by the customer will be stored securely and used with respect, fairly, lawfully, and transparently, according to the Data Protection Act 2018.
These Terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Our Guarantee
Cinderella Cleaning London LTD has built its business and reputation by providing its clients with the best possible cleaning service available. The company realises, that because its cleaners are human beings, they sometimes make mistakes. This is why the company offers you a guarantee. If the customer is not satisfied with the cleaning standard of certain areas after the cleaning service, the cleaner will come back to the customer’s home and re-clean those areas free of charge.
Please bear in mind that this guarantee will not apply if the condition of the premises has deteriorated since the original cleaning was undertaken.
Last updated 13.04.2020